• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Letsencrypt - rate limit per IP per hour

Brujo

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
On a migrated Server (migrated in Jan from Centos -> Ubuntu) I faced this week the first time this rate Limit and indeed at this time the cronjob was initiated the script tried to renew for around 50 Domains the Certs.... so it took a while and generated a lot of notification mails. Luckily the Notification about failed Certs for Users was disabled :)

The mail and & the panel log shows this message

Invalid response from https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-reg.
Details:
Type: urn:acme:error:rateLimited
Detail: Error creating new registration :: too many registrations for this IP: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates

The relevant Limit seems to be "You can create a maximum of 10 Accounts per IP Address per 3 hours".

Well I like and to avoid to run into the issue in the future again, therefor is there an easy way to see of all Domains the creation time and/or renewal time of the letstsencrypt certs? In the Plesk Panel at least I didnt found an overview about this. perhaps with an mysql query to get an overview?

Well it would be also fine if the letsencrypt Extension would take care about the Limit :)

any idea will be appreciated

Last edited:
Back