• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved LetsEncrypt tries to renew webmail even if not selected

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
I'm getting email notifications from the Let's Encrypt extension because certain domains could not be secured with LE certificates:

Code:
Could not issue/renew Let's Encrypt certificates

Could not secure domains of MyName Here (login admin) with Let's Encrypt certificates. Please log in to Plesk and secure the domains listed below manually.

Securing of the following domains has failed:

* 'example.com'
   Missed domain names failed to pass validation: webmail.example.com

I had previously de-selected "secure webmail" in the domain's LE settings and renewed the certificate manually afterwards, which succeeded without errors or email notifications.
The Subscription's hosting plan has Let's Encrypt enabled under Additional Services.

After mails kept coming, I searched through Plesk's DB and found an entry in psa.ModuleSettings with name "email-126", which corresponds with that domain's internal ID in Plesk. So I deleted that manually, but email notifications keep coming...

Any idea how I can disable securing webmail on this domain? Does the hosting plan matter? I thought it just enables the LE extension for that customer login.

It was the Subscription Plan causing the LE extension to renew webmail.example.com
After de-selecting the "Additional Service", the extension doesn't attempt to issue/renew the webmail certificate.

I consider this a bug, since my affected domains have "Secure webmail with Let's Encrypt" disabled.
Is there already an open issue/ticket where I can leave feedback?

My problem is solved, thanks for your help guys!

Back