• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Limit connections from an IP (stupid hackers), please help me.

T

tecdady

hey all, i have some ******* that keeps crashing my mysql server by hitting a thread in a forum over and over and over until the max connections error is hit in mysql which screws the pooch on all the sites on the box that are mysql driven.

this is basically a low rent dos attack simply using a browser. can anyone help me limit the connections from an ip? in other words is there a way to only allow say 20 simultanious connections from all ip's that access the box?

this is such a common and easy way to take down a server that i would hope there is something out there.

i have moded the .htaccess file to deny from the specific ip range that this ******* is using but its only a matter of days/hours/minutes until he just finds a new one and im riding motox getting a phone call from all my clients telling me to come home and fix the box... ugh. any/all help would be GREATLY appriciated

it can be limited both via the forum and Apache, but a better way to do it would be to use Plesk Firewall to reject connections completely.

adam

Back