• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Limit for outgoing E-Mails ignores CC & BCC

Torsten

New Pleskian
During an unrelated check on my PLESK Server I noticed that E-Mails which send copies to 4 different addresses are not counted towards the limit for outgoing e-mails. Due to some information I found in different threads in the forum it seems to be a known problem that neither e-mails to CC nor BCC addresses are counted as seperate mails.

Since I had some trouble recently with blacklisting this is obviously a problem, since I cannot effectively limit my outgoing E-Mails.

I run Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #58 on a CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 Server

Is there a way to make the CC/BCC mails count for the outgoing e-mail limit or is there perhaps a plugin I can use to circumvent this issues?

My own searches in this matter were unfortunately rather fruitless.

I can only suggest a tangential solution, and that is to limit the maximum recipients for an individual message. Both qmail (Plesk has the maxrcpt patch included) and postfix have this ability.

This is not exactly what you want, but combined with the Plesk's Outgoing Mail Control, it would give you better control.

Thank you for the suggestion, I wasn't aware this was an option and I guess it is better than nothing.

Back