• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved limiting crontab

carini

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.58_build1800240123.15
There is a way to limit crontab frequency for non-admin users. I wish to prevent the user to run some unnecessary script to run every minute and to set up a maximum frequency to every 5 minutes or more

Is this possible?

Hi

Not know any option to do it in plesk, but will be nice have some option for that

You can make some script to path this with something like this: sed -i 's/^\s*\*\s\+\S/*\/5/g' /path/to/crons/*

You can make more completed script to exclude users like root, admin and any other.

Nice idea with stream editing the cron files. The path to the cron files will be /var/spool/cron.

If I was a user who got limited, I'd put a while-loop into my script with a "sleep(60)" and a runtime limit of <5 minutes in that case so that I still execute my desired functions every minute or even more frequent, regardless on how often I was allowed to start it via cron. For that reason I did not put this request into Feature Suggestions: Top (1991 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk, as you can't really limit users with such intent. Anyway, if you believe it would be a feature to make Plesk a better product, feel free to add it to Uservoice anyway.

Back