• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Limiting number of stored backups

F

Frank Harrison

Hi All

I'm pretty new to Plesk and am trying to figure out the best backup solution for a client. I can set it through the panel to backup nightly to the Server Repository, and also by FTP to my server, which seems like the safest approach.

My question is: is there a way to only keep, say, just the last 5 or 10 backups in both places? The backups in future might reach 500MB so I could easily run into trouble if they keep building up. Of course I could go in manually once a week and delete them, but an automated version would be a lot less work! Also, I'm not great with command-line server stuff (actually have zero experience) so if there's a GUI way of doing this that would be great.

Thanks for any help.

Frank

You can define "Maximum number of backups in repository" in Scheduled Backup Settings.

Ah - that was kind of obvious! Thanks for your help

Limiting number of stored backups not working

Hello all,

The number limit of Plesk backup in FTP repository is not working in my Plesk version 9.3. I have set a limit for last 2 backup but backup has exceeded to 3 now. Is there any resolution for that.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul Khanna

Back