• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Limiting outgoing email messages BUG

schlimpf

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

since upgrading to Plesk 12 I am experiencing a strange bug:
When enabling the limitation of outgoing email messages, is not possible to RECEIVE emails to a account that is only redirecting the email messages (to a different account which also lies on the server).
I reproduced this behavior on two different servers from which one is a complete reinstall.

The maillog will then show the following error when receiving mails to a redirecting address:

Aug 1 04:04:34 xxxxxx plesk sendmail[16709]: handlers_stderr: DATA REPLY:554:5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility.#012REJECT
Aug 1 04:04:34 xxxxxx plesk sendmail[16709]: REJECT during call 'limit-out' handler

I can find very few information on this error message, but when disabling the limiting feature, everything works as expected.
IMO this is a very urgent bug, because Plesk gives no notification on the blocked emails. I only found out because the emails will show up in the mail queue.

Best regards

Last edited:
Look at Tools&Settings -> Mails Server Settings -> Allow scripts and users to use Sendmail.
Is this activated?

Of course it is and it is working fine with PHP.
Even if it would be disabled I would expect the redirect to work.
Since the Parallels team is not responding to this thread I will investigate the error on my own as soon as I have the time

Back