• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Limiting outgoing email messages BUG

schlimpf

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

since upgrading to Plesk 12 I am experiencing a strange bug:
When enabling the limitation of outgoing email messages, is not possible to RECEIVE emails to a account that is only redirecting the email messages (to a different account which also lies on the server).
I reproduced this behavior on two different servers from which one is a complete reinstall.

The maillog will then show the following error when receiving mails to a redirecting address:

Aug 1 04:04:34 xxxxxx plesk sendmail[16709]: handlers_stderr: DATA REPLY:554:5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility.#012REJECT
Aug 1 04:04:34 xxxxxx plesk sendmail[16709]: REJECT during call 'limit-out' handler

I can find very few information on this error message, but when disabling the limiting feature, everything works as expected.
IMO this is a very urgent bug, because Plesk gives no notification on the blocked emails. I only found out because the emails will show up in the mail queue.

Best regards

Last edited:
Look at Tools&Settings -> Mails Server Settings -> Allow scripts and users to use Sendmail.
Is this activated?

Of course it is and it is working fine with PHP.
Even if it would be disabled I would expect the redirect to work.
Since the Parallels team is not responding to this thread I will investigate the error on my own as soon as I have the time

Back