• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Linux SED command doesn't work with task scheduler

NicolasUni

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Dears all,

I face a issue : linux sed command is not recognized by plesk task scheduler…

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help

Best regards,

Nicolas

Quote Reply

You can if you're using it in a cronjob, but you need to provide the full path for example /usr/bin/sed (you can find the location of it by SSHing into the server and typing which sed)

Hello scsa 20,

Could you be more specific please ?

My actual command wich runs well within ssh is :

sed -i -e 's/67/Bas-Rhin/g' -e 's/68/Haut-Rhin/g' /var/www/vhosts/exemple.com/httpdocs/wp-content/uploads/files/flux-uuuuu.csv

How do you modify it ?

Regards,

Bash:
/usr/bin/sed -i -e 's/67/Bas-Rhin/g' -e 's/68/Haut-Rhin/g' /var/www/vhosts/exemple.com/httpdocs/wp-content/uploads/files/flux-uuuuu.csv

Task "/usr/bin/sed -i -e 's/xxxxx " completed with error in 0 seconds, output:
-: line 1: /usr/bin/sed: No such file or directory

May be I need to grant /bin/sh to this specific site inn order to unlock this sed command ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-02-27 à 22.15.28.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2023-02-27 à 22.15.28.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3
Are you running the scheduled task at the server level or domain level? Creating the task at the system level (Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks) gives you a bit more flexibility including which user should be acting as the executor.

Dear scsa20, I ve just have a go at it by system level and all goes well !

Thank you, dears scsa20 and kaspar,

Have a good day (or evening or night)

Best regards,

Nicolas

Back