• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Local mail delivery failure

A

addstravel

I have a number of domains on my plesk server all with the mail accounts disabled. This is because I use another mail server on another server.
I am using CDO in my asp scripts to send webbased emails from asp pages and using 127.0.0.1 to relay through mailenable. I do it this way as I am unable to start the SMTP server in IIS (I/O device error). This works through mailenable except for domains that are local on the server, ie domains that exist already on the server, apart from one domain. All settings are equal and I don't understand why one domain works!
This is the error message I typically get from all the other domains:

ME-E0105: Local Delivery: Failure - Domain for ([SMTP:[email protected]]) has been disabled

Any ideas?

Spent the best part of today trying to sort this out, but no joy :( .

I have tried but still not sending:

Using plesk DNS and ensuring the MX record is pointing to my external mail server

Enabling mail on each domain, but then I receive a mailbox not known error (In any case if I set up a mailbox the mail would be delivered locally and not to my client!)

Any ideas?

Possible solution...

I have deleted the post office for the domain I wish to use an external mail server for in the Mail Enable Admin MMC. Although not ideal, this at least allows mail to be delivered externally!

Of course if you wish mail to be managed locally you would need to setup the post office again manually in ME prior to configuration via the plesk control panel.

Not ideal, but until a hotfix (or support lets me know how to achieve this!) is ready this will have to do.

hey i need help from anyone i know somethings but im setting up plesk and im stuck it wasnt the hostname and the one i put in didnt work and nothing else works

Back