• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Log browser for plesk logs throws errors to itself

The error messages shown let me suspect that the log browser tries to display empty files. I was not able to reproduce this on a test server with Ubuntu. Maybe you can remember what was done on the system before that an unusual, unplanned situation with log files could occur?

I didn't take screenshot but before was error of loading log.. Can't remember just was setting up plesk. It never repeated. I guess I leave open log browser open and did hosting backup restore. So it try access not existing data.. Idk.

reinstalled server and plesk from zero. some casual setup as increase php memory, plesk url, security.. till i reach log browser and again "plesk 500"
1697195453449.png

What are the actual steps to reliably reproduce the situation? You say you reinstalled the server, but after reinstallation you did something else. Can the issue be reliably reproduced by doing a fresh Plesk install only?

fresh install

updaate ubuntu
remove apache2

cut this one from server in ssh: sudo systemctl disable systemd-networkd-wait-online.service && sudo systemctl mask systemd-networkd-wait-online.service

in plesk:
Security Policy - password Very strong
Session Settings - idle time to 60min
Server Settings - domain.tld
System Time - Lithuania
PHP Settings - 8,2,11 php memmory limit to 512mb, upload/post 64mb , max vars 3000
Customize Plesk URL - o custom URLs. Only https://<server-IP-or-hostname>:8443
Server-wide mail settings - Enable SMTP service on port 587 on all IP addresses
Log browser - Plesk <-

Uodate: Ubuntu 20 į get no error. But maybe it becouse now panel throw error for lets Encrypt. I already reached limit of issuing sertificate. So log is not Empty and 500 error not show.

Strange.

Update:
Clear panel.log with command :
> panel.log
It will show 500 error

Clear panel log with command:
echo "" > panel.log
It will show no error

So wrong initial instance of panel.Log when installing fresh plesk.

It does say "no logs provided", though. So it seems to be a matter of interpretation or a cosmetic issue that the error 500 message should be hidden, if no log entries exist?

Yes sure it is one time issue only after panel install, then log filling with data and no such error happen. . Yes Cosmetic. But Plesk is not cheap panel compared to free ones. So no cosmetic issues must be. Right?

IMG_20231022_120553.jpg
This is when clear log with
echo "" > panel.log
Command

IMG_20231022_120614.jpgIMG_20231022_120729.jpg
This is when clear log with
> panel.log
Command

Developers could not reproduce the issue and have also shown that the code of the latest version covers the rare case of an empty or non-existent log. We suggest to verify that you are using the latest Plesk version, specifically as your previous posts have also shown a large number of "issues" that we could not reproduce here.

Could you please open a support ticket. Just as with the other cases you reported as we cannot reproduce it in our test environment here, it will be necessary that staff checks it directly on your system.

Back