• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Log Files

A

AvidCat

Hi,

I have a virtual dedicated server on GoDaddy. I set up a website on this server. I am trying to install stat software and it is asking me for the location of my Log Files, but I can't find them.

I do have one folder called stats, but I can't seem to open it. Not sure if this is where they are located.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nick

I have no idea, it just says to locate your log files for the stats of the website.

they are in statistics/logs/access_log and statistics/logs/error_log of the chrooted environment. However, these files require higher-than-userlevel access (meaning if it's not CGI or if you don't have open_dir disabled, you wont be able to access it.). Of course, this relies on CGI being utilizing the apache user, which does have access.

Now, if you're the box admin (i.e. root), you can set up the stats script you're using to utilize a cron (meaning it'll do it every x seconds,minutes,etc). For that, you'd have to utilize the full path of the file.

In most cases, this will be /home/httpd/vhosts/domain/statistics/logs/access_log, but recent changes (or for newer systems) will be in /var/www/vhosts/domain/statistics/logs/access_log

Hope that helps you, and good luck.

Back