• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Login error on clean install

ashley

Basic Pleskian
Installed win2k and various security features and a firewall.

Installed 7.0.2 and all went fine until i try to login by entering uname admin and pass setup but get error:

"Unable to exec packagemng: Unableto fork [D:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk/admin/bin/packagemng]"

and cant login.

Various emails back and forth to Plesk and them trying the server themselves result in them saying i should not have had a firewall installed and that i have to reinstall the OS, then Plesk and then adding a firewall is up to me to risk again.

I tried uninstalling everything down to just OS with firewall removed and reinstalling but i get same problem. I really dont want to go all the way to data centre, wipe and install again just to find the same issue. Also, im a bit unhappy that Plesk say you cant install with a firewall in place - did they hear about hackers ;).

I am used to linux and some win knowledge but cant quite get how the switches in the path of the error above work on a windows machine.
I tried making packagemng.exe full control for both psaadm and psacln but no joy - was thinking of trying teh whole bin dir in the morning.

Other than that any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

I do not know what has been done but suddenly i could not login into plesk admin panel too. When i entered my password and user it says me that Unable to exec packagemng to me too.

I searched the net but most of the packagemng problems are related with Linux. But for windows i could not get any help.

Please help me?

Could someone send me a link to download plesk 7.0.3 because the link on swsoft does not work?
Also if someone who is using 7.0.3 can send me only packagemng.exe i will try to replace with mine.

Back