• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Logrotate not working for subdomains?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Source: Log Rotation

I found, that plesk onyx only create in /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d for domains a logrotate file, not for subdomains!?

Example: I have a subdomain /var/www/vhosts/system/cdn.example.de/logs with
access_ssl_log.processed 94GB (updated 09:53am, after server is now down)
access_log.processed 46GB (updated 09:53am, after server is now down)
Here is no compressed file.

access_log 0Byte (created 03:50am)
access_ssl_log 0Byte (created 03:50am)

Last edited:
Hi Azurel,

Plesk creates a unique logrotate - configuration file for EACH (sub)domain. It this is not the case on your server, pls. check your settings/configurations and change/modify the settings/configurations, in order to force Plesk to rebuild the depending logrotate - file at "/usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d".

Pls. check as well your service plan / hosting plan settings and change/modify them as well, in order to force Plesk to rebuild the depending logrotate - configuration files.

Thanks, but what you mean with
check your settings/configurations and change/modify the settings/configurations, in order to force Plesk to rebuild the depending logrotate

In "/usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d" there are only main-domain files dynamic generated by plesk and content of file is only the domain itself, no subdomains. service plan is set Unlimited and its include default only subscriptions and subdomains are part of a subscription. So what I can change/modify in plesk? What I see is that all subdomains have no gz(compressed) files and are very large.

I think that is this bug and not fixed with onyx?
Issue - Subdomain logs are not rotated

Hi Azurel,

when you change/edit configurations/settings for your log - settings

=> HOME > Tools & Settings > Server Settings
=> HOME > Service Plans > YOUR-SERVICE-PLAN-NAME > Logs & Statistics

=> HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Logs > ( Dropdown-menu on the very right! ) Manage Log Files > Log Rotation
=> HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > YOUR SUBDOMAIN.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Logs > ( Dropdown-menu on the very right! ) Manage Log Files > Log Rotation

... you force Plesk to rebuild the depending configuration file(s).

I think that is this bug and not fixed with onyx?
Issue - Subdomain logs are not rotated
I don't experience your described issue on Plesk servers with Plesk Onyx installed ( Debian / Ubuntu / CentOS )

Thanks, here a overview of my settings:

HOME > Tools & Settings > Server Settings
upload_2017-8-7_18-6-38.png

HOME > Service Plans > YOUR-SERVICE-PLAN-NAME > Logs & Statistics
upload_2017-8-7_18-7-6.png

HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > YOUR SUBDOMAIN.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Logs >
( Dropdown-menu on the very right! ) Manage Log Files > Log Rotation
upload_2017-8-7_18-7-53.png
and popup
upload_2017-8-7_18-8-7.png

After click here in last picture "OK" its create for first time in "logrotate.d" a config file. So I must make this manual for every subdomain?

Systeminfo:
Version Plesk Onyx v17.0.17_build1700161028.14 os_CentOS 7
OS CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)

Hi Azurel,

I strongly recommend to update/upgrade Plesk to the most recent stable version.

So I must make this manual for every subdomain?
"Normally" this should not be necessary, when you change the corresponding service plan and the automated sync - process has been started afterwards - all logrotation - configuration files should be rebuilded/created. If ( for what ever reason ) this is not the case, you could consider to declare this as a bug and you should consider to report this at:

I have upgrade to Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #17 nothing changed. Here are more bugs.
Is here a way to create all missing logrotate files for subdomains with a single command?

I have create a report: Subdomain logs are not rotated

Hi Azurel,

Is here a way to create all missing logrotate files for subdomains with a single command?
actually, I couldn't find any documentation for a SUBDOMAIN CLI - command ( regarding "log" - related settings ), while there are documentations for "subscriptions" and "sites"

=> subscription: Subscriptions

=> site: Sites

Code:
-log-rotate

-log-bysize

-log-bytime

-log-max-num-files

-log-compress

-log-email

Maybe @IgorG could help with a "MySQL" - command for all subdomains?

Back