• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Lost Storage Space After Failed Backup Centos6

Peter_R

Basic Pleskian
Hello I Wish Plesk 12 had some auto cleaning option to recover spaces after failed backup.

I had scheduled a backup to FTp Repository but it failed and it saved on local server.
fine
I deleted the backup from Local Server Repository and still the space is not RECOVERED.
Now when i try to access "Backup Manager" in Plesk i get error no space available.

Why when deleting backups Plesk 12 does not clean it up properly ?
How can i fix that ?

in terminal i run
#df -h

output:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_sitename-LogVol00
4.7G 4.7G 0 100% /
tmpfs 2.4G 8.0K 2.4G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 248M 47M 189M 20% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_sitename-LogVol02
2.9G 938M 1.8G 35% /tmp
/dev/mapper/vg_sitename-LogVol03
17G 3.8G 13G 24% /var

Problem: seems to be here where i have 100% use in

/dev/mapper/vg_sitename-LogVol00
4.7G 4.7G 0 100% /

How do i get to this volume and see what uses up 4.7G of data ? is that root partition ?

Please advise
Thanks

Well i restarted the server and that link did not help me...
also i wanted to point out that i am not Advanced Linux user

i am trying to find out what is eating up my space

thx

Back