• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Lost V-Server got a new one and a OneDrive Backup but....

Sebastian Hadley

New Pleskian
Hey up everybody.

First a merry Christmas afterwards.

So. I stayed in a foreign Country the last half Year. To be straight i simply missed to pay my hoster for a few days and they canceled my Contract so everything is lost now. But, i got a Backup from the 6th of December on my One Drive Cloud.

Now after setting up my new V-Server (with new IP and newest Version of Plesk) i tried to implement the Backup i got but got lots of errors probably due to the Version and the Databases missing and everything. Now im looking for a way to implement this backup to get the most back i can get. But don't have a clue how to do this or if it is even possible. Maybe someone who knows better than me what is the best way to get that thing going again or if its simply not worth and i should start from the scratch. Any Link or tip is highly recommended i would be very happy to get tha backup going.

Thanks in advice for all your input and enjoy the days off that are left for you and your Families.

Thank's a lot.

Greets

Seb

a Backup from the 6th of December
the Databases missing and everything

What kind of Backup is this?
Is it a Plesk Backup (which should include DB aswell)?
Or a tirth party Backup?

Do you know what OS you ran befor the take down?
Which are you running now.

If its a Plesk Backup you can be happy!

Then just do it like this: (manually Backup restore)

If its a Plesk Backup you can restore one Subscription by one in worst case, by just unpacking the "backup_1912060000.tar" (or called somethings like that) just like a .zip file.
Inside it navigate to "domains", there are all of your subscriptions/vhosts

1. Getting the needed Files:
FTP Space is now in: "domains/domain.tld/backup_user-data_1912060000.tgz" (replace "domain.tld" with your domain and your tld)
DB is backupped in: "domains/domain.tld/databases/domain_1/backup_1912060000.tgz" (replace "domain.tld" with your domain and your tld)

2. Restoring FTP Files:
Then upload the "backup_user-data_1912060000.tgz" to your new Server and unpack it.

3. Restoring DB:
Unpack your "backup_1912060000.tgz" (the Database) and import it in the same named Database as before.

4 Adjusting configs:
The Config from the subscriptions also do get backupped but just go and configurate it again.

but got lots of errors
If you encounter any errors pls do not just post that you encountered errors, but tell us exactly which error. Otherwise noone is able to help you.

Hey up everbody.

Thanks for the Input. So i took the Time this weekend to have a look at the Backup i got.

Had to install a Linux System in VM on my local Machine, then i took all the .Tar files , packed them together to one Tar file opened this and voila ;-)

All is there. Great. So the Input at the last Post was quiet interessting for sure. Thanks for that.

What was interessting: I know i secured the Backup with a Password in the old Pleskpanel. Did'nt needed that to open the Backup.
Wasn't bothered bout that but does that mean the Pass is just needed when you want to implement a old Backup in another Plesk installation?

Thanks a lot for the Help and have a great day everybody.

Best regards.

Seb.

the Pass is just needed when you want to implement a old Backup in another Plesk installation?

Yes thats the same experience I made. You always can restore the backup manually without password, but if oyu want to do it within the Plesk restore function you will need it (and even there I think you can skip it?)

So keep in mind when you create backups:
  1. always transfer them on a secured connection.
  2. just on a backupspace where only you do have access
  3. and never save them on the machine you create the backup
  4. do daily backups

Grüße nach Rieps ;)

Back