• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Accounts: mail Utility

halliday

Basic Pleskian
Hi

I have used the following command to create a mail account (via ssh as root) :

./mail --create <new-email> -passwd <password> -mailbox false -manage-spamfilter true -redirect true -rediraddr <detination-email>

The new email account is created. But email redirection stopped working, for the new mail account and the previously set up ones.

My question is: Have I missed anything that actually caused this problem?

For example, should one change file permissions some where?

I would be grateful if someone could advise me on this.

Many thanks in advance

Thank you for answering:

Linux 2.6.18-028stab069.6
Plesk 9.3.0

I have upgraded to Plesk 9.5.2 since then.

I must add that there was an extra part of the script:

./autoresponder --create c2213 -mail <new-email> -status true -redirect <another_email> -replyto [email protected] -format html -text "text here"

The "text here" part contained persian charachters.

As I said previousy, the email account was actuall created But email redirection stopped working, for the new mail account and the previously set up ones.

The auutoresonse message was empty.

I wonder if the above command had anything to do with it?

Thank you for your help!

Sorry, I have asked OS version but not kernel version. Do you have CentOS, openSUSE, Debian or what?

Ok, thank you. I have forwarded it to developers for the further investigation. I will keep you updated with results in this thread.

Thank you.

While we're on the subject of "Mail Accounts: mail Utility":

1. is there a way to create multiple accounts in one go, i.e. not having to create them individually?

2. is it possible to have one "autoresonse" to several mail accounts.

To amend the same response message for hundreds of accounts is incredibly long!

I have searched the forum, 'knowledgebase' and google, to no avail.
The 'Documentation' doesn't have an answer either.

Would greatly appreciate an answer or pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much, IgorG.

I will study the API. I really hope it is not too difficult to implement.

Possible you have not switched-on autoresponder handler:

./autoresponder --on <new-email>

After what all is ok.

It was checked on Plesk 9.5.2 CentOS 5x86 because you have already upgraded Plesk 9.3.0 -> 9.5.2

Thank you for the answer.

Was it the autoresponder, not being on, that caused the problem?

I doubt it. I actally did swtich the autoresponder on manually (i.e. via Plesk), but the problem persisted.

Now, with Plesk 5, I have tried to create a mail account, with autoresponder, etc.
It has worked and, more importantly, it did not cause problemsto forwarding, as happened in the previous case.

I honestly think that the most propable cause was a damaged file (or files) or some broken handlers, that happened at the same tme.

--

The only remaining point, please, is how to input non-latin characters in the autoresponse message?

It still does not work from the command line. The message is blank.

I would appreciate solving thas last problem.

Sorry, I have asked OS version but not kernel version. Do you have CentOS, openSUSE, Debian or what?

I know the difference, but did you know Plesk doesn't? The Plesk web interface says 'Operating system' and then prints the kernel version on its dashboard.

Hello,

I am getting the following error message when switching autoresponder on:-
---
./autoresponder --on [email protected]

mailmng: Unable to open file /usr/local/psa/handlers/info/90-autoresponder-zThMu3/hook: No such file or directory

System error 2: No such file or directory

SUCCESS: Switching all autoresponders 'on' on mail ' [email protected]' is completed
---

Yet, it works; the autoresponder is actually switched on.

It has only started since yesterday.

Any idea as to why it ish happening?

Hello,

Just to conclude this thread:-

The situation got worse, with numerous error messages. Evnetually nothing worked from inside Plesk. One important table in the database was corrupted and in the end Plesk stopped loading altogether.

My webhost blamed it on my use of CLI commands. I didn't think that was the case, because one only used commands described by Plesk, and I thougt it was safe.

Anyway, the container had to be rebuilt again. I am back to Plesk 9.3 and things seem to be working okay now.

If anyone knows how to create an autoresponder, with non-latin characters, using Putty or any other telnet client, please share that info with me.

Thank you!

Back