• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail default SSL certificate

Jelle G

New Pleskian
Hi,

I enabled mail for all clients on my Plesk 12.5 server.

When an mailadress is added to a mail client, there is a popup each time for the SSL certificate.
This because the certificate is not trusted and the user needs to connect/trust the certificate mannualy.

I use Postfix for mail and Dovecot as IMAP/POP3

Is there a way to fix this, without purchasing a SSL for each domain?

I use mail like:

webmail.domain.com
mail.domain.com
smtp.domain.com

For example is it possible to create my own domains (mailcluster), that users should use for webmail?
In that case I can purchase an SSL only 1 time and be ready for all users.

So that mail settings will become for everyone:

webmail.mydomain.com
mail.mydomain.com
smtp.mydomain.com

Last edited:
Hi Jelle G,

I recommend "StartSSL FREE" - certificates ( https://www.startssl.com ) , which are without costs for most cases ( pls. read their documents for further informations ). Multiple Domains (UCC/SAN) - support ( up to 5 (sub)domains ) is as well free with such a certificate and the validation is one year for it. Unfortunately, the "renew" feature for StartSSL - certificates are rather poor - it's nearly the same as issuing a new certificate every year.

You could as well use Let's encrypt certificates, which are free as well, but only valid for 90 days ( but with the help of scripts it's easy to renew the certificates - pls. just search with Google for solutions ). Let's encrypt can be as well used as a Plesk extension ( free ) - pls. see Let's Encrypt ( at Plesk extension catalog ).

Back