• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail delivery settings : Can't receive mail from a web form

F

f.g

Postfix: how to exclude a domain of local delivery

Hi all,

for one domain I use the google MX for handling emails.

when someone send me an email from the same server,

the mail agent recognizes my domain name and concludes that it should be sending mail to itself.
The mail agent will attempt to deliver the message locally.

To resolve this issue, I have to notify the mail agent running on the server that hosts my website that it is not also responsible for handling mail for this domain.

my question is: how I do that?

the exact problem is described here -
http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55299

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Postfix: how to exclude a domain of local delivery

I try to understand the postfix documentation ;
$mydestination... relay_domains... etc.

and I still lost

anyone know how to exclude one domain of local delivery ?

This is an old post but if still struggling get in touch. I have seen this happen with postfix, but simply turning the local mail service off clears the error!

The same happened with qmail. Messages from web forms or received by local SMTP been attempted to deliver locally and then bounced as soon as there were no mailboxes set.

Double checked that mail services is off, DNS off. Checked "/var/qmail/control/locals" file -- no domains listed -- still delivers locally.

When after trials I removed "/var/qmail/mailnames/mydomain.com", then it started to work correctly (not very obvious huh?). I am not sure is this right solution or the dirty one, probably "/var/qmail/control/virtuldomain" correction would be better. But I noticed that Plesk put all virtual domains to qmail even those which had mail service off. I guess qmail assumed it as a signal for allowed local delivery (though why not in "locals" then) but found no actual mailboxes and bounced.

Clearly Plesk fault.

Back