• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail delivery was aborted

stefan321

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.51
I have setup a mailserver for my client and it has been working perfectly for over 2 months, but yesterday he told me got the following error message, it just happens with this one email, every other email is still working. I checked the maillog but i have no idea what to search for...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 19.3 hour(s):

* [email protected]

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: *************************] to [email protected]. It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again.

----------------------------------------------------
The client has no DMARC Record, could this be essential?

Used mxtoolbox to check if mailserver from client aswell as clientcustomer was working. Everything green there.

There are some files included but they show personal information of the client, I would prefer to not show these.

What else should i check?

You could submit a new mail to the recipient and then look into /var/log/maillog what the system says why it cannot deliver it.

Back