• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail forwarding and auto-responses not working

Filipe Silva

Basic Pleskian
Hello.

Im using plesk 12 with postfix and the Mail forwarding and the auto-responses are not working, the same issue might be cause these two problems.

The forwarded email doesn't show up in the maillog and the /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix is there.

Whenever i start the postfix service this shows up:

"
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not set-gid or not owner+group+world executable: /usr/sbin/postdrop
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/sbin/sendmail differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: Replace one by a symbolic link to the other
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
"
I don't know if this is relevant for my problem and if it works I don't mess with it.

I would appreciate some help because i'm not sure of what to do anymore.

Thanks.

EDIT: ran "/usr/sbin/postdrop". Solved the warning but is still not forwarding.

Last edited:
I have the same issue
I am with plesk 12.5.

Did you found how to fix it?

I am using external smtp relay on google cloud and does not forward to provided mails

I have the same issue
I am with plesk 12.5.

Did you found how to fix it?

I am using external smtp relay on google cloud and does not forward to provided mails

No. The problem is that i don't know what was done in the server before I got my hands on it.

Even adding forwarding rule in roundcube -> filters -> forward all emails to [email protected], I receive emails in main domain, but not in [email protected].
In the sender email I receive mail not delivered confirmation saying that gmail.com is not in spatkpost sending domain list. The problem is I dont want to send by gmail, I want to send to gmail.

I have tested on second server and have the same issue. I am using Sparkpost and set it as described in Using SparkPost with Postfix
When I send mails through webmail roundcube it works correctly. When I make mail forward through plesk, I receive mails in webmail, but the mails are not forwarded.
When I try to forward mails from roundcube with filters I get 550. 5.7.1 Unconfigured Sending Domain not configured sending domain mail to sender email address. The domain in question is the domain to where I try to forward the mail.

I think I found the problem. After messing around the forwarded emails started boucing back with the message:

"Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; qmail-inject: fatal: qq trouble creating files in
queue (#4.3.0) 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time"

The server is supposed to be using postfix, but qmail is somehow running and I find no process to stop.
Is there any config file for plesk to change the forwarded mails from qmail to postfix?

Back