• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail()-Function in PHP not working correctly

C

Cepe

Solved: mail()-Function in PHP not working correctly

Hi,

I have a problem with the mail()-Function in php: It does send Emails to every recipient.
For example, I can send an Email to my yahoo address per mail(), but my two gmx accounts do not receive emails I send with the mail()-Function.

I also have got a second email address, which simply does not receive any Emails from the mail()-function.

Already a few customers have reported the issue, that they did not receieve automated confirmations allthough they should have received them.

I really don't know what I should be looking for, since it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I am using SMTP authentication for Relaying.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

********* Problem solved *********** (admin might delete this post, or just leave it for anyone else who might have this problem)

After going through many lines of maillogs I found out, that the mail did not get accepted by some mail servers because they could not resolve my hostname.
I have set my hostname to server.mydomain.net and the email was sent by [email protected]. Looking up server.mydomain.net did not work, since I forgot to add such a DNS record.
Probably will work now, with the DNS record added.

Back