1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

mail()-Function in PHP not working correctly

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Cepe, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Cepe

Cepe Guest

Solved: mail()-Function in PHP not working correctly

Hi,

I have a problem with the mail()-Function in php: It does send Emails to every recipient.
    For example, I can send an Email to my yahoo address per mail(), but my two gmx accounts do not receive emails I send with the mail()-Function.

I also have got a second email address, which simply does not receive any Emails from the mail()-function.

Already a few customers have reported the issue, that they did not receieve automated confirmations allthough they should have received them.

I really don't know what I should be looking for, since it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I am using SMTP authentication for Relaying.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

********* Problem solved *********** (admin might delete this post, or just leave it for anyone else who might have this problem)

After going through many lines of maillogs I found out, that the mail did not get accepted by some mail servers because they could not resolve my hostname.
    I have set my hostname to server.mydomain.net and the email was sent by anonymous@server.mydomain.net. Looking up server.mydomain.net did not work, since I forgot to add such a DNS record.
    Probably will work now, with the DNS record added.