• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

mail()-Function in PHP not working correctly

C

Cepe

Guest
Solved: mail()-Function in PHP not working correctly

Hi,

I have a problem with the mail()-Function in php: It does send Emails to every recipient.
For example, I can send an Email to my yahoo address per mail(), but my two gmx accounts do not receive emails I send with the mail()-Function.

I also have got a second email address, which simply does not receive any Emails from the mail()-function.

Already a few customers have reported the issue, that they did not receieve automated confirmations allthough they should have received them.

I really don't know what I should be looking for, since it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I am using SMTP authentication for Relaying.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.


********* Problem solved *********** (admin might delete this post, or just leave it for anyone else who might have this problem)

After going through many lines of maillogs I found out, that the mail did not get accepted by some mail servers because they could not resolve my hostname.
I have set my hostname to server.mydomain.net and the email was sent by [email protected]. Looking up server.mydomain.net did not work, since I forgot to add such a DNS record.
Probably will work now, with the DNS record added.
 
Back
Top