• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mail Header Incoming / Outgoing Mail

Sally1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have plesk onyx (17.5.3) with centos 6.9 on my virtual server.

I setup already

Postfix + Clamav + ClamSMTP

Dovecot

Roundcube

Spam Assassin

and created SPF; DKIM; DMARC Records.

When I check the Mail Headers (pls see attached headers) I see the entry localhost 127.0.0.1 in incoming / outgoing email, and also my public server IP.

I was wondering why is in the headers used localhost address instead of server Public IP Address?

Im not sure if the configuration is correct or not, can you please give me some advice on this?

Thx!

Best Regards

Sally

Attachments

• Header_from_Gmail_to_Mailbox.pdf
    25.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Testmail_From_Mailbox_to_Gmail.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 8
Hello,

i googled around, and found that the problem comes from installed clamav.., that localhost and 127.0.0.1 appear in the mail headers.. I didn't found a solution, how can i fix this ... :( Please see attached main.cf and master.cf config, and hosts, hope someone can give me a hint, how i can fix this?

Thx
Best Regards
Sally

Attachments

• Hosts.pdf
    15.8 KB · Views: 3
  • MAIN_CF.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Master_CF.pdf
    14.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi Thomas,

if i check other mail headers from Amazon, Google etc., there never appear localhost 127.0.0.1 .., they have hostname and Public IP in the Headers

Localhost entry looks somehow like it comes from a spammy server...:)

Best Regards
Sally

If i disable clamav, the headers are correct with public ip / hostname, but i want to have AV for filtering, hope there is a solution....

Back