• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail MD5 (crypt) migratrion to plesk.

ThePanaceya

New Pleskian
Hello!

I use panel migrator to migrate mails from current server. I have only md5 salted password - no plains.

My problem - script migrate all data, but password not valid after migrate. I have found many migration examples with plain password, and none woth hashes.

My file migration.json contain this data:
Code:
"subscriptions": [
        {
          "source_webspace_root": "/home/user/example.net/public_html",
          "name": "custom",
          "mail_service": {
            "mail_users": [
              {
                "directory": "/home/user/imap/example.net/admin/",
                "password_type": "hash",
                "password": "$1$cIOoY6tl$2gzPfBjoEaDTYIvsLLNJ20",
                "name": "admin"
              },

update1:
hash $1$cIOoY6tl$2gzPfBjoEaDTYIvsLLNJ20 have password adminadmin

How correct migrate md5 hashes to plesk?

Last edited:
Hello!

Could you please explain your case more detailed? Is there any errors during migration? How did you check, that your password is invalid?

Hi Aleks, we have following situation here:
Migration script works well and users were added to a panel, also all e-mail accounts was created successfully.
But if we look directly into /var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd.db, we see that hash was added to another filed. For example:
4|1|user1|$AES-256-CBC:pKCS$<hashed_string_here>||0 - this is sample user, were added manually from Plesk, his password is in the 'userPassword' field;
5|2|iammigrateduser||<hashed_string_here>|0 - this is user from migration, his password is in the 'cmusaslsecretPLAIN' field;
We can assume that maybe this is incorrect, because after password was changed, db contains data in 'userPassword' field again but record id also changed (looks like user was recreated):
142|2|iammigrateduser|$AES-256-CBC:pKCS$<hashed_string_here>||0
And questions:
1) Is it correct to track this changes through passwd.db file? (think yes, cause postfix use it for auth.)
2) What is fields userPassword and cmusaslsecretPLAIN purpose, maybe we shoud update records in db manually after migration and setup correct values into correct fields?

Back