• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail not working since upgrade to 12.5 (from 12.0)

Jeroen1

New Pleskian
Today I upgraded from 12.0 to 12.5 via the plesk gui. Everything seems fine, websites are functioning however I cannot receive or send mail. When sending mails via iOS I get a message 'the server does not recognize the recipient <mail address>' via mail in OSX I get a message 'this mail cannot be send via server <smtp server name> the reaction of the server was: Temporary lookup failure'.

When sending from an external domain to one of the domains on the server it gets send out, but I do not receive the mails. Nore do I get a bounce message on the other domain.

in the server side mail settings relaying is enabled.

Any clues?

Thanks abdi,

found that solutions and is working. However I have now a bigger issue. The server is suddenly unreachable on plesk interface, ftp, ssh, AND port 80. Looks like the firewall suddenly blocks all ports, however... I did not change it

Hello Jeroen,
Am glad to hear that you have resolved the problem!

About the server NOT being reachable, unfortunately as much as I want to help, only your DC can help now!
You will need to ask them to boot it in recovery mode, login and find the cause. If firewall, then disable/rectify it...

Usually DC would advice after looking at the server through KVM.

Fearz,
Are you also not able to send out and receive from your server after the upgrade?

Back