1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

mail on 10.01 with aliases

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by zeroday, Nov 5, 2010.

1. zeroday

zeroday Basic Pleskian

57%
    Just found out that when you migrate from 9.5 to 10.1 to another server
    the mail is having issues on the alias name, if the alias name does match a username to be logged on it will tell on every domain that this user does not exist.

So if there exist mail user: 'zeroday'
    and if this user is an alias on other domains, the user zeroday cannot get it's mail as qmail tells that this userdirectory does not exist
    var/qmail/mailnames/xxxx.com/zeroday: No such file or directory

note: when logging in with username@domain rather than only username it is working and the error is gone

note: IMAP folders are not transferred, only INBOX !

I managed to get my IMAP folders to appear by using on 1 server the IMAPSYNC tool which is a perl script.

But I think that if we speak over migrating mail we also speak about IMAP ...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
    I have forwarded problem to developers. They are working on it. I will update thread with results.

3. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
    Could you please follow to report format: description of problem, steps to reproduce, actual and expected results, description of environments - OS, Plesk servers versions, etc. For migration issues - information about source and destination servers, migration logs if possible.
    It will allow to developers process your requests much more effectively.

Thank you.