• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail on 10.01 with aliases

zeroday

Basic Pleskian
Just found out that when you migrate from 9.5 to 10.1 to another server
the mail is having issues on the alias name, if the alias name does match a username to be logged on it will tell on every domain that this user does not exist.

So if there exist mail user: 'zeroday'
and if this user is an alias on other domains, the user zeroday cannot get it's mail as qmail tells that this userdirectory does not exist
var/qmail/mailnames/xxxx.com/zeroday: No such file or directory

note: when logging in with username@domain rather than only username it is working and the error is gone

note: IMAP folders are not transferred, only INBOX !

I managed to get my IMAP folders to appear by using on 1 server the IMAPSYNC tool which is a perl script.

But I think that if we speak over migrating mail we also speak about IMAP ...

Last edited:
I have forwarded problem to developers. They are working on it. I will update thread with results.

Could you please follow to report format: description of problem, steps to reproduce, actual and expected results, description of environments - OS, Plesk servers versions, etc. For migration issues - information about source and destination servers, migration logs if possible.
It will allow to developers process your requests much more effectively.

Thank you.

Back