• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Mail problem - IMAP stops working

SlobodanG

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have fresh installed 12.0.18 and updated to mu#3, and then migrated about 100 domains from plesk 10 during last 10 days or so...
I was able to deal with everything except this thing with mail:

from time to time IMAP stops responding - if someone tries to log in through webmail, roundcube says can't connect to storage, and all IMAP clients say that they can't connect to IMAP. I haven't noticed that POP is affected as well, but I have to investigate that.
I have found that service dovecot reload fixes problem temporary. This thing started to happen more often as I have added more domains (mail accounts).
Currently there are about 500 mailboxes on server, and I'm planning to migrate few thousand more from plesk10 that was running courier-imap.

I was looking at logs (messages, maillog, roundcube log, dmesg, ... ) and couldn't find anything that can lead me in right direction.
When that happens this command gives output around 400-450: netstat -pan | grep imap | wc -l

92-plesk-service-imap.conf:
service imap {
service_count = 1
process_limit = 10000
}

and roundcube log looks like this

[11-Jun-2014 19:15:22 +0200]: IMAP Error: Login failed for xxx@xxx from xxx.xxx.xxx.80(X-Real-IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.80,X-Forwarded-For: xxx.xxx.xxx.80). Empty startup greeting (localhost:143) in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

can someone give me an idea what else to look and try?

Pozdrav Slobodane,

Mi imamo isti problem na 3 servera i prema Parallels Support-u ovo je resenje:

Further I checked our internal links and found that generally this issue persists if "psa-mod-fcgid-configurator" package is not installed or corrupted.

I reinstalled the package "psa-mod-fcgid-configurator" with latest build.

-=-=-
[root@server ~]# rpm -qa | grep psa-mod-fcgid
psa-mod-fcgid-configurator-2.0.0-cos6.build110120606.19.x86_64

[root@server ~]# rpm -e psa-mod-fcgid-configurator-2.0.0-cos6.build110120606.19.x86_64

[root@server ~]# rpm -ivh http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12...rator-2.0.0-cos6.build120140331.11.x86_64.rpm
Retrieving http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12...rator-2.0.0-cos6.build120140331.11.x86_64.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:psa-mod-fcgid-configura########################################### [100%]

[root@server ~]# rpm -qa | grep psa-mod-fcgid
psa-mod-fcgid-configurator-2.0.0-cos6.build120140331.11.x86_64

Miomir

Back