• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail-Problems after Update from Onyx to Obsidian

KlausZ

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
i have a problem after a server automatically updates over night from onyx to obsidian. The harddisk runs full of space. I clear some space and do the update manually again. The update runs without a failure and all works fine. After one day (over night again), a problem with the mail server comes up. I can send mails (e.g in dovecot), but i cant receive. I see only a empty inbox. When i sent a mail to myself, no incoming in the inbox. To other persons without problems. In maillog i see, the mail was delivered successfully. Very strange. When i create a new mail-adress, all works fine. My workaround for the first time is to rename the old mail and create a new mailbox mit the mail-adress. So it works. But i want to understand what may be happen. Knows someone a bug, or has similar problems?
Thanks, Klaus

hello @KlausZ
in Obsidian we've changed compatibility level to 2 for postfix which may lead to some side effects.
however, usually if something broken then it is broken globally and MTA does not work for the whole server.

In your case if I'm not mistaken you was able to send emails but see nothing in your inbox.

just in case, after mailbox rename is your old mailbox started to receive emails(and show them in the inbox) or it is still malfunction?
are you don't see only new mails or you don't see any mails in the inbox (even which were received before upgrade) ?
are you trying to connect to mailbox using SMTP (thundrbird, outlook, something else) or you're using webmail ?
did you try to repair it using 'plesk repair mail mbox@domain' command ?

Hi,
thank you for the answer.
- after rename i have no tested the mail function - i will try it and give your response
- i fetch the mails via pop3, so i doesnt see older mails, btw i saw mail in webmail in the spam-folder
- normaly i use thunderbird, but the same in webmail - mails are not received- sent is ok in both
- no this i doesnt try. Can i try to repair only one mailbox: user@domain?

Thanks Klaus

Hi,
after rename the mailbox isnt working.
But after i repair the mailbox the mailbox is working!
Can i repair all mailboxes of a domain, repair more domains at once or repair all customers at one time?
Thanks for that!
Klaus

You can run repair on all email configurations, on a single domain or on a single address like
# plesk repair mail
# plesk repair mail <domainname>
# plesk repair mail <mailbox>
You cannot use a list of parameters, e.g. a list of mailboxes or domains.

Back