• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail server at plesk 12.5

Christiaan

New Pleskian
Hey all,

Again a problem I dont really know how to fix at this moment. My mail server does work without it but when i test my mailserver it grades my mailserver with 7.7. The error it gives is the following:

-1.274 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS

I googled around for a bit but couldnt really get a clue of whats going on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for your time!

Hi,
I've had nearly the same problem and found the solution. My vServer (from a german provider) has multiple IP-adresses, but just one "main" IP-adress (e.g. 215.234.34.56). Perhaps take a look at your provider profile.

I've to modify /etc/postfix/main.cf:

# For Reverse-PTR for all domains on my server
smtp_bind_address = 215.234.34.56 # main IP-adress

and /etc/postfix/master.cf:

# Change bind-adress for virtual domain (IP: 215:234.4.56)
215.234.4.56- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=215.234.34.56 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
plesk-215.234.4.56- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=215.234.34.56 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4

and than restart postfix (/etc/init.d/postfix restart)

Hope it'll help
bye
Holger

Hi,
I've had nearly the same problem and found the solution. My vServer (from a german provider) has multiple IP-adresses, but just one "main" IP-adress (e.g. 215.234.34.56). Perhaps take a look at your provider profile.

I've to modify /etc/postfix/main.cf:

# For Reverse-PTR for all domains on my server
smtp_bind_address = 215.234.34.56 # main IP-adress

and /etc/postfix/master.cf:

# Change bind-adress for virtual domain (IP: 215:234.4.56)
215.234.4.56- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=215.234.34.56 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4
plesk-215.234.4.56- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=215.234.34.56 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4

and than restart postfix (/etc/init.d/postfix restart)

Hope it'll help
bye
Holger

Hey Holger,

At fist thanks for your reply and time to figure this out. I changed the main.cf file to what you put up there with my IP. Trying to change the master.cf gave me an error. It showed that the lines i changed were not right when I tried to restart postfix. Testing my mail again gave me the same grade. This is what it told me:

Reverse DNS lookup or reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) is the determination of a domain name that is associated with a given IP address.
Some companies such as AOL will reject any message sent from a server without rDNS, so you must ensure that you have one.
You cannot associate more than one domain name with a single IP address.

Your IP address 85.214.255.103 is associated with the domain 3(NXDOMAIN).
Nevertheless your message appears to be sent from *****.stratoserver.net.

You may want to change your pointer (PTR type) DNS record and the host name of your server to the same value.

Here are the tested values for this check:

• IP: 85.214.255.103
  • HELO: h2506494.stratoserver.net
  • rDNS: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I put the master.cf just all the way at the bottom of the config, I dont know if that matters.
Do you have any idea ?

Christiaan

Back