• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mail Server Signature and more

IfCondition

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello dear Plesk Community,

I have some questions and hardly find answers that help me

I host a few domains and websites and want to run several mail servers that I already have.

How can I make it so that each domain has its own smtp host so does not point to one, but this is not absolutely necessary.

More important point is I use postfix and wanted to configure a specific signature for a domain that is always added to the email with company name and email address and more, but I can't find the point to set this.

Thanks for the help in advance

Technically speaking each domain created does have their own SMTP host name, it just uses the same SMTP server. The way it's pre-configured on the backend will allow emails to go through just fine with no issues.

As for an email signature, postfix does not have a native way of doing it. You could use use an email service that will attached a signature but the majority of them only works with Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, not a third party service. There's also How To Automatically Add A Disclaimer To Outgoing Emails With alterMIME (Postfix On Debian Squeeze) but you're just putting yourself into a place that's just, bad.

Honestly, though, if you have any advanced use for emails other then the bare basics, I would recommend looking at getting either Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace. If you have money to blow and want a self hosting solution, you could always get a Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 then you can add a disclaimer, and for that just put in a generic signature (or using one of the third party signature attachers that I've mention earlier, I could give you a few companies names if interested).

Back