1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MAIL Tab broken

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by devindull, Nov 3, 2005.

1. devindull

devindull Guest

ERROR
    Domain ID is undefined.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/mail/mail_names.php:18 psaerror(string "Domain ID is undefined.")

We continually get this error now for any domains when they go to their MAIL TAB in their Domain Options area on the Plesk interface.

We changed PHP.INI to disable certain features and we also chmoded /tmp/ and /var/tmp to 1666 to remove excute abilities, but due to MySQL problems I changed it to 1777 to get Plesk running again. Now, that isn't working. Any ideas?

PHP.INI:
    disable_functions = "dl,phpinfo,shell_exec,passthru,exec,popen,system,proc_get_status,proc_nice,proc_open,proc_terminate,proc_close"
    upload_tmp_dir = /var/tmp/phptmp

/tmp
    drwxrwxrwt 8 root wheel 1K Nov 3 10:45 tmp
    /var/tmp
    drwxrwxrwt 5 root wheel 512B Nov 3 10:46 tmp

MYSQL won't connect as SWSOFT knowledge base says to do:
    mysqlcheck -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa
    mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) when trying to connect

There is enough diskspace (82% used)

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

The php.ini directives are not related to Plesk (as long as you modify the correct php.ini in /etc/). The Mysql error says that Mysql is not running on your host, try to kill it manually and then restart it.

3. devindull

devindull Guest

It didn't work. Same error:
    mysqlcheck -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa

mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (38) when trying to connect

4. tmonsen

tmonsen Guest

You may try running safe_mysqld from the command line. That will usually retstart mysql properly, when it can't connect to the mysql.sock file.

5. devindull

devindull Guest

Finally fixed it... Now, HORDE lost its tab for Attachment files to an email that you are about to send. If anyone has knowledge of HORDE, check out my post on it: http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=124768#post124768

Thats the last problem i'm having and I need to solve it as many professors use this server for their research.

6. Laurent Bauer

Laurent Bauer Guest

Hello,

I have the same problem :

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/mail/mail_names.php:18 psaerror(string "Domain ID is undefined.")

while trying to configure e-mails.

How did you solve it ?

Thanks for helping,

Laurent