• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs mailbox rename feature broken

darkdragon

New Pleskian
TITLE:
mailbox rename feature broken
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #7 on Debian 7.11 using Postfix
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Renaming mailboxes results in errors and an inconsistent state.​
PART 1
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Rename a mailbox from [name1] to [name2].​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Folder /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain]/[name1] still exists.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Folder /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain]/[name1] should not exist any more.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Folder /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain]/[name1] contains a file named .spamassassin.​
PART 2
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Rename the mailbox from [name2] back to [name1].​
ACTUAL RESULT:
An error occurs because folder could not be renamed because /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain]/[name1] still exists and the action is aborted without completion, leading to an inconsistent state.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Rename should work without any errors.​
I manually deleted folder /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain]/[name1] and renamed folder /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain]/[name2] to /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain]/[name1].
PART 3
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Rename the mailbox again from [name1] to [name2].​
ACTUAL RESULT:
An error occurs because database fields (name, dom_id) are not unique.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Rename should work without any errors.​
I tried to bring my system back to a consistent state via changing [name1] to [name2] in database psa table smb_users. Now login works with the new name. I hope there are not more incomplete leftovers from this procedure.​

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Last edited:
Please specify your Plesk version and all fields with full information instead of "see above". Also specify used MTA - Qmail or Postfix.
Thanks.

Please specify all fields with full information instead of "see above".

I usually don't see the point in stating obvious things and thus making things more lengthy so that more time is needed to read it (e.g. actual result: error occured; expected result: no error occured), but I followed your request and modified the original report.

From developer:

Could not reproduce this. Possibly either need some additional steps to reproduce or there is the database inconsistency.

So I recommend creating a request to support team to do in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it. Please create a ticket to support at Help Center

Back