• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MailEnable Requires Authentication

R

rdijkstra

Hi,

Does somebody have some tips to solve this problem. I have just updated from Plesk 7.5.6 – Plesk 8.1.1.
The main problem is that MailEnable requires authorization for sending email. Because of this there are two problems:

1) Horde users can not send email anymore to external addresses
2) Plesk processes, like statistics.exe cannot send email to external addresses

Any tips are welcome ;-))

Versions:
Plesk: 8.1.1 (20070326.13) for Windows
MailEnabled: 1.981

HordeLog:
Jul 03 16:38:11 HORDE [error] [imp] unable to add recipient [[email protected]]: Invalid response code received from server [on line 1070 of "D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\imp\compose.php"]

Windows Eventlog:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Plesk: statistics.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 04/07/2007
Time: 03:38:21
User: N/A
Computer: PLESKSERVER
Description:
The event class for this subscription is in an invalid partition (COM Error 8004020F, Description: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
) at Send notification mail to client XXX
at (statistics::sendNotificationMail line 3784) Execute file name: D:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\statistics.exe

problem in send notification to external emails via statistics.exe in plesk 9

hi

notification of plesk statistics can not be sent and I see the following error in event viewer

Event Type: Error
Event Source: statistics.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 1/12/2012
Time: 5:41:31 AM
User: N/A
Computer: NS150
Description:
The event class for this subscription is in an invalid partition (COM Error 8004020F, Description: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
) at Send log email to zinatkadeh.com
at (logrotate::start line 181)
at Process domain zinatkadeh.com log ex1108.log_8.zip(logrotate::start line 185)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\statistics.exe

please help me

thanks

hi,
I finally found the soloution. in mail enable console / smtp properties/ relay tab/ allow relay for privilaged ip ranges/privilaged ip
I added 127.0.0.1 and it worked.
but I think it is not the best way. I think it is dangerous . and spammers will access . I want a way from plesk control panel. can any one help me?
I'm always surprised why no one can answer may questions. ;-)

thanks

Welcome to the jungle aziadi,

There is no response because there is no feature that do this at Plesk. Even rubbish scripts written by stupids, has SMTP mail sending as an option, but plesk after 8 years or more, does not have such a setup.

FACT: To prevent UNSOLICITED BULK E-MAIL sending from hacked sites on windows, we have to disable local relay from unauthenticated email account.

Developers do not do hosting, and their mind is locked to what they see. (I'm actually a developer and sys admin too) If Parallels continue to ignore listening to customer needs, I can see their customers moving to other products soon or later. PLEASE LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS!

I see that this posted on "Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows old versions" section of this forum, but actually decent Plesk version 9.5.4 even does not have this feature.

Back