• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MailEnable

E

emintec

Is anybody there using Mailenable Pro or enterprise edition with plesk 8.6? What about the integration of Mailenable's webmail and Plesk 8.6? I want to get rid the horde and use a proper webmail software with Plesk?
What about upgrading-to-newer-plesk-version issues when a non-default Mailenable is installed in the server?

I'm afraid the Plesk control panel is to weak to let this sort of change and a wave of problems arise after ME Pro is installed. What's more, should a problem arise, pararells can't offer proper support, it seems, after some forum reading....

Mailenable sucks frankly. The spam issues and such are ridiculous, it should have some type of filtering built in but it doesnt.
Frankly Plesk shoudl be putting their own mail engine into the software rather than us having to spend yet another $300 on a mail product that runs like ****.

With that said, MalEnable pro works fine on 8.6.0.1

I've been using ME Pro for 5 years with Plesk and it's worked fine almost the entire time. Each time I had issues, they were not issues with MailEnable, but with Plesk permissions. Since upgrading to Plesk 8.4 I haven't had any problems with MailEnable. Now with 8.6, we've experienced no problems.

I upgraded to MailEnable Ent 3.6 last month and ALMOST everything went smoothly. The one issue was actually that it was *too* strict on spam (I have a couple clients that send mail from third party servers to my servers with a forged sender - an unauthenticated SMTP session with a "from" address hosted on the receiving server). Disabling that option in the advanced SMTP config (within ME Admin) corrected the issue immediately.

The other anti-spam features work great when configured correctly, and the webmail and outlook sync features are a heck of a savings over buying seats for Exchange.

I can recommend MailEnable Pro and Ent without reservation.

Back