• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MailEnalble 3.6 and Plesk 8.6

McSchwaiger

New Pleskian
Is MailEnable Standard and its WebMail supported by Plesk 8.6?

I can't find any "List of supported Mailservers and WebMail" on Parallels homepage :(

Best regards,
Stefan

Yes. You'll need to reconfig Plesk in order to have any new or enhanced features appear in the plesk service manager.

I solved this issue.

After an update in the plesk component management the updated version of ME an the ME Webmail was recognized.

Just run the installer or a Plesk patch file again - and step through the install. When it's done it'll probably need a reboot.

Now I got another problem :(
When I try to browse the ME Webmail with webmail.domain.tld I get an Plesk Default Page...

When I set the domain back to Horde, webmail.domain.tld gets me to the horde login page.

If you've rebooted after the ME upgrade, and ran the Plesk installer again (keeping existing options), and rebooted after *that*, you should have the webmail functioning correctly. It's possible that you installed MailEnable with default options and it didn't bother to try detecting the correct site for webmail.

If that's the case, you may have to login to RDP on the machine, open IIS Admin, drill down to servername > "web sites" > "webmail(mewebmail)" and map the path for the "mewebmail" virtual folder to the correct path (which could be "%plesk%\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bin\NETWebMail" or "C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\NETWebMail" or "C:\Program Files\MailEnable\Bin\WebMail" or so on. Find the correct path and map it.

It works! ;)

I don't know why, but it works...
There was no web site called webmail(mewebmail) in my IIS Admin yesterday. Only the ME standard website called "MailEnable Web Client" or so was existing.

Just now it is present and Plesk writes the hostheader webmail.domain.tld correctly. It's virtual folder points to C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\mewebmail. This folder contains a html file, that redirects to webmail.domain.tld/mewebmail and the webmail service appears.

Thanks for your "magic help" ;)

Best regards from germany,
Stefan

Hello,

Is this the sequence for doing this:

1. Upgrade/update MailEnable
2. Run Plesk install or patch
3. Reboot
4. change webmail choice on domain
5. all should be well?

Any issues?

Thanks,
Dawn

1. Upgrade/update MailEnable
2. Reboot
3. Run Plesk install or patch
4. Reboot
5. Login to Plesk and view the "server components" page.
6. All should be well.

You *may* have to perform mass assertions on the Webmail config. This is done by:
1. Login to Plesk
2. Click "domains"
3. Select all ([X] in the row selector)
4. Click "group operations"
5. Scroll down to "preferences" and "switch off" the "Webmail"
6. Click "OK" - and WAIT for it to take effect (it could be a few minutes).
7. You should be back to the domain list, now.
8. Select all ([X] in the row selector)
9. Click "group operations"
10. Scroll down to "preferences" and "switch on" the "Webmail"
11. Click "OK"

I am getting a permission denied error when navigating to webmail.domain.tld. Help please. I checked the permissions on the folder and all seems well.

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Authentication, Access Control, and About Custom Error Messages.

Here is another clue. When I try to use the webmail button from the plesk control panel I get the following error:

Server Error in '/MEWebMail' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

The passwords are probably out of sync. Set the password for the default user for the "/mewebmail" folder on the webmail "site" in IIS, then set the password for the same user in the user accounts snapin. You'll need to make a random password up - use the same password for both.

Not only were the passwords out of sync, but I found that Plesk sets up the IIS site for the wrong folder. Most everything works now, but here is the curious thing:

When I go to http://webmail.anydomain.tld/mewebmail/ everything works just fine, but when I go to http://webmail.anydomain.tld I get a server application unavailable message. Is this normal?
Also, there are two IIS sites:
1. MailEnable Webmail MailEnable set this one up.
2. webmail(mewebmail) This is the one Plesk set up.
They both use IME_User for the directory security, but #1 only has the loopback address in it. While #2 has all my sites IPs in it.

Thanks for helping! I got all my clues on how to fix this from you and from reading on the MailEnable site.
Dawn

Ah - that's the problem. When installing MailEnable you need to select custom install and change the "site" that it maps to to the "webmail(webmail)" site. It will ensure the root directory access permissions and the virtual path mapping are accurate.

As a rule, you should *always* do custom installations when installing software, server-side software especially.

I shoulda known better!

Thanks for the advice. I ran the mailenable install again and was able to get everything working just fine. In fact, it looks like some stuff that was not working in the old version is now working and causing some irritation to users that were depending on it not to work. LOL!

Thanks again!
Dawn

That sounds *really* familiar. It's a real pity when something is so broken that when you it is fixed it causes pain. :(

Oh hey, if you're using ME Enterprise, I wrote a patch file that'll add the domain name automatically to the "HooDoo" webmail. It makes it easier for "those people" to login.

I am not using Enterprise as of yet, but if ME proves to be reliable, I would definitely appreciate having that.

I am having an issue with two clients. Kind of wierd really. On sending they get a "this server requires SSL authentication". I have tried implementing POP before SMTP, but no luck so far. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

this server requires SSL authentication

Is this happening when the clients are accessing their mail using POP? If so then it maybe that you have enabled the SSL feature within the POP Properties of the service in the ME Admin MMC. Try and disable this and see if it helps. If not or I am wrong with my assumption then please let me know more details and I maybe able to help further.

Back