• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailing List consuming too much disk space?

Sven L.

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Parallels Plesk Panel version 9.5.4
Operating system Linux 2.6.24-28-generic
CPU AuthenticAMD, AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e

One of my domains has grown too much and I got the administrative alert for overuse.

when i checked the details on the plesk panel, all i could find is that the mailing list is using 185MB

so, this mailing list has only 3 email adresses in it, and i configured it to not leave copies on the server of sent emails.
how is it possible that it consumes so much, if there is not a single mail pending or archived?

thx in advance,
Sven L.

First of all that is strange indeed ...
However, you could try deleting the mailing list and creating it again.

See if that clears the disc usage.

NB: How did you get the disc usage stats for a mailing list? Did you mean Mail Usage or Mailing List?

First of all that is strange indeed ...
However, you could try deleting the mailing list and creating it again.

See if that clears the disc usage.

NB: How did you get the disc usage stats for a mailing list? Did you mean Mail Usage or Mailing List?

hello.
i'd rather not delete the mailing list. yes, it's just 3 users, but i spend quite some time configuring it and i'd rather not have to do that again (unless you could tell me how to backup the mailing list config)

where i found the info:

plesk panel-> mydomain.com-> statistics-summary report-> mailing lists

it's now 190mb, which means it's increasing and i checked all the mailing list configuration page by page, step by step and i can't find any reason why this is getting bigger and bigger. as said, the system is configured to NOT keep copies (archive) of the mails that go through the list.

it could be log files, but there is no panel option to see that or to delete them.
if you have any clue where i could find that per shell, i could take a look

regards,
S.

You can delete logs by going to Log Manager (in Plesk) or if you have shell they are stored in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/statistics/logs/

June 30, 2012 06:31 AM access_log 0 B
June 30, 2012 06:31 AM access_log.processed 2.61 MB
June 29, 2012 07:04 PM error_log 1.11 MB
June 30, 2012 06:31 AM xferlog_regular 0 B
April 18, 2008 05:14 AM xferlog_regular.processed 4.00 KB
Log files total size: 3.72 MB
as you see, the logs are NOT the problem. they are not even close to 180mb

so, where through shell could i see mail list folders, maybe some mails are stuck even tho they don't show up on the control panel.

Have you found the answer for this issue? I think I have a similar issue, a mismatch between the disk space showed in the Statistics for this subscription and the real disk usage for mailing lists.

Back