1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mailing List Woes

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by admr0cks, Jan 14, 2007.

1. admr0cks

admr0cks Guest

Hello ...

specs: suse 9.3 w/ psa 7.5.x reloaded - no customizations

After configuring a mailing list through the cp I attempted a test message and discovered that the message is not being delivered to any of the recipients. I don't get any client side error. I get a confirmation of being added to the group however which seems very strange. I did find the below message in my mail.err log file ...

Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 12

In /etc/group and /etc/passwd mailman is assigned 67 so I don't understand why it's complaining.

Obviously the system isn't happy with something in the permissions but where and how to fix this is beyond me ... any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. wagnerch

wagnerch Guest

What are the permissions and ownership of /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper? Mine are:

-r-xr-sr-x 1 root mail 4740 Mar 21 2006 /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper

Here is a KB article on it, it sounds like you need it to be 67 (not 110, as stated in the article):

http://kb.swsoft.com/article_61_942_en.html

Be careful... ;)