• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailinglist Management with Mailenable

NickV@

Basic Pleskian
Unfortunately there is no advanced mailinglist management option for MailEnable (there is no button under services named "Mailing Lists")

It would be great if more management options where available for MailEnable mailinglists.

Excuse me, I'm not sure I understand you properly.
Plesk for Windows allows to manage Mailing Lists for MailEnable.

Yes, that's true. But only the simple things like adding an e-mail address etc.
Not advanced things like setting password, moderation etc.

I believe it is supported with other mail server software as it is included in Plesk's manual.

Originally posted by NickV
Yes, that's true. But only the simple things like adding an e-mail address etc.
Not advanced things like setting password, moderation etc.

I believe it is supported with other mail server software as it is included in Plesk's manual.

This is interesting. Thank you for the report.

Could you please list needed advanced features for Mailing List management?

It is the same for all mail servers.

Hi Sergius,

When going to Domains - click on a domain - Mail - Mailinglists , there is only the option to add a mailinglist with also the possibility to add e-mail addresses.

When clicking on Help then (left under) it gives an explanation how to add and configure mailinglists.
It says "Click Mailing Lists in the Services group" but there is no Mailing Lists button, only: Mail, DNS Settings, Databases, Certificates and ODBC data sources.

Check for in the manual for "Configuring a Mailing List" which options should be available.
Also the stated "http://lists.<your-domain.com>/mailman/admin/<listname>"
does not work, and isn't configured under the webserver (IIS)

Hi Sergius,

When going to Domains - click on a domain - Mail - Mailinglists , there is only the option to add a mailinglist with also the possibility to add e-mail addresses.

When clicking on Help then (left under) it gives an explanation how to add and configure mailinglists.
It says "Click Mailing Lists in the Services group" but there is no Mailing Lists button, only: Mail, DNS Settings, Databases, Certificates and ODBC data sources.

Check for in the manual for "Configuring a Mailing List" which options should be available.
Also the stated "http://lists.<your-domain.com>/mailman/admin/<listname>"
does not work, and isn't configured under the webserver (IIS)

Oh... You are right. However it is true for UNIX version of Plesk.
We will correct manual as soon as possible.

Okay, is that it ? Thank you.
It would offcoarse be nice when those options are available to for the Windows version.

Regards,

Nick
Prioserve.net

What happend with this request??? Never applied? I need that mailing list services since version 6 that i owned. Now i buyed the 9.3.0 and still waiting for that.

No notices at all??

Back