• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Templates over mailman3 does not work and stop lists to work

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Templates over mailman3 does not work and stop lists to work

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Debian 12.5 64 bits. Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.59 #2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When you create a template in a list, list stop to send the mails you send to the list until you delete de template.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

You can access to the lists created in mailman3 in the url:

If you login as admin of one list you can see a zone to administrate the lists:

You can click under templates

And you can create a new one clicking on "new template"

You can choose for example list:member:regular:header

And then create the template and click on save.

Then you send a mail (as admin) to [email protected] and the mail does not arrive.

Then you go to templates, delete the template you just created and the mail you send before arrive (without the template of course)

ACTUAL RESULT

No mail arrive.

EXPECTED RESULT

Mail arrive.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

To start, I'd suggest taking a look at the Mailman logs to see if there are any clues as to why the list stops sending emails after you create a template. These logs are typically found in the /var/log/mailman/ directory. It's a good place to begin troubleshooting.

Despite the fact that the fix was not released, we did some investigation and a developer has shared with me a possible work-around. Let me also share it with you "AS IS", but I would recommend to test it before applying on a production environment anyway;

(if mailman3 templates are not a blocker for you, I would suggest to wait for the next release where I hope we will finish all necessary work to release the fix together with other improvements).

W/A ("AS IS", at your own risk, be sure you have actual backups)
  • In the file `/etc/mailman3/mailman-web.py`, update the "[B]POSTORIUS_TEMPLATE_BASE_URL[/B]" variable, it should point to one of existing mailman3 domains on the server, e.g. "lists.example.org",
  • After that you should be able to remove templates in lists settings,
  • ...and be able to add other templates you required, also, in lists settings

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reponse and for the effort you do to try to fix this issue.

I modify what the developer told you without any success.

I changed the URL for:

POSTORIUS_TEMPLATE_BASE_URL = 'http://lists.xxx.com/mailman3/'

Where XXX is the name of the domain but it does not work. So as you told me before, we will wait until a release of plesk fix this issue.

Thanks.

Please keep us updated when the fix is gonna be released. A couple of friends of mine also faced the same issue, and I tried to troubleshoot it myself, but nothing worked.

Back