• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue mails not delivery to outlook/hotmail/live

Fizwizbiz

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I hope someone can help me... I searched on google but nothing work... :(

We were blacklisted with one of website on the dedicated server. The problem is resolved.

When we send a mail from the server to outlook/hotmail/live mail, the mail is "removed".

Jan 23 00:34:20 mail postfix/smtp[4521]: 89D50D01A0C: to=<[email protected]>, relay=outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.36.33]:25, delay=2.8, delays=0.12/0/1.1/1.6, dsn=2.6.0, status=sent (250 2.6.0 <[email protected]> [InternalId=105690555233422, Hostname=SN1NAM02HT189.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com] 9223 bytes in 0.196, 45.929 KB/sec Queued mail for delivery -> 250 2.1.5)
Jan 23 00:34:20 mail postfix/qmgr[21404]: 89D50D01A0C: removed

Thanks for your help !
Fizwizbiz

Note : If I send a mail from my outlook address to a mail from the server, this mail can answer me.

Last edited:
All mails are "removed" after they have been successfully transferred to the recipient's server. The "Queued mail for delivery" indicates that there have not been any issues with your email.

If Outlook does not deliver them, maybe you are still blacklisted with them. Try to register for SNDS to find out more about what Microsoft thinks about your emails.

And for SNDS when I do it, they offer me to send a mail to [email protected], etc... All mails from ovh.com (the owner of server) and not to me..
This happens when the reverse DNS entry (PTR record) has not been configured for the data center's router to point to your server. A missing rDNS can also be the root cause for issues with email delivery. You can normally configure a PTR record in your data center's control panel. If the rDNS entry is set correctly, SNDS will offer postmaster-addresses of your own domain when you add a server.

Into ovh I can put a reverse dns.
I have a domain name on this server which is for my website. Can i use it for rdns ? With for example, server.mydomain.be ?

Thanks

The domain name should be the host name of the server, not the individual domain of a subscription.

Okay thanks !
So i have to buy a new domain name and his DNS, have to put spf, dkim, etc.. too ? I suppose I have to point the domain to the server.

Thanks a lot !

No, you do not have to buy a new name. Your server has a name, even if you have not purchased any domain names. The PTR record needs to be set to that server name. Please consult OVH for more information on this. It's not a Plesk question.

When we send a mail to an outlook address, the mail is sent. And then removed into the mails logs.

SNDS tell me IP is clean... % complaint <1% so it is okay. The support tell me there aren't problems about this IP. It would be delivered.

How my mails can be received by outlook, Hotmail etc.. why i see into mails log that they are removed then statut "sent"

All mails are "removed" after they have been successfully transferred to the recipient's server. The "Queued mail for delivery" indicates that there have not been any issues with your email.
A "removed" means that the mail has been removed from your mail queue, because there is no more need to keep it in the queue, becaus it was "sent" to the recipient. I still don't know what the problem is. You send a mail, it's being delivered. There is no problem.

Hi,

I have almost same issue, it does not delivered or if rarely it does, it goes to junk. I also have contacted Microsoft and they suposed to get fixed my IP to compliant with they servers. But still the recipient does not recieve my mail if is outlook, hotmail etc. Plesk says im ok, microsoft says i am ok, on mail-tester i got 10/10 on both sender and recipient so why the mail does not get delivered if everything is ok?

Fizwizbiz did you found any solution?

regards

The problem is on the recipient's side, not with Plesk. We are having a similar issue sending to Outlook 365 users. We get a response that messages have been received and queued, but recipients do not receive:

_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.6.0 - this indicates received and queued.

Messages are then sent through MS Outlook's spam server before delivery. That is where the problem lies. We have sent a troubleshooting request to MS, and now waiting.

We are not spammers and not on any blacklists. Not sure why we are being blocked.

Good luck to us and you. :)

Back