• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Mailserver not working after install postfix

HeRiNo

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 44
Linux 6.8 Final

Hello, I installed postfix, that blocked plesk and I had no more access. Thaks for the help on this forum I can login Plesk again. I still can't install Postfix probably because of tjis:

Code:
/usr/sbin/postconf: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
)

So I installed Qmail and Dovecot. But still no mail. iI ran:

Code:
[root@vmi66617 ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_imap_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_outgoing_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_transport_restore... ok

and in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog I only see this:

Code:
Aug 16 09:52:36 vmi66617 postfix/master[5579]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 1732 killed by signal 7
Aug 16 09:52:36 vmi66617 postfix/master[5579]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
Aug 16 09:52:57 vmi66617 postfix/master[5579]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/pickup pid 1733 killed by signal 7
Aug 16 09:52:57 vmi66617 postfix/master[5579]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/pickup: bad command startup -- throttling
Aug 16 09:53:14 vmi66617 postfix/master[5579]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 2173 killed by signal 7
Aug 16 09:53:14 vmi66617 postfix/master[5579]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

I hope someone can help m with this. Oh I also ran: plesk repair mail and the outcome was:

Code:
Repairing the mail server configuration

Reconfigure all domains and mailboxes? [Y/n] y
    Reconfiguring all domains and mailboxes ......................... [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

Best regards, Herman.

Hello Lloyd, thanks for your reply. Yes i did see that article but it didn;t help me.

Best regards, Herman.

No,
libmysqlclient.so.16 => not found
Regards, Herman.

Attachments

• ldd usrsbinpostconf.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 2
Well, on my CentOS 7.2 test VM I have...
Code:
# rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so.18
MariaDB-shared-10.0.26-1.el7.centos.x86_64

I'm not familiar with CentOS 6.8 or its packages, but looking around it looks like you need to install this...

https://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/centos/6.8/x86_64/Packages/mysql-libs-5.1.73-7.el6.i686.html

Check with...
Code:
yum whatprovides "*libmysqlclient.so.16"

And install...
Code:
# yum install mysql-libs

I hope that helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hello lloyd, you advice me to do 2 downloads. I tryed to do both and bot I got the same outcom:

Code:
Package mysql-libs-5.5.50-34.el6.art.x86_64 is obsoleted by mysql-community-libs-5.7.14-1.el6.x86_64 which is already installed
Nothing to do
[root@vmi66617 ~]#

And the outcom of yum whatprovides "*libmysqlclient.so.16" is in attachements.

Best regards, Herman.

Attachments

• yum whatprovides libmysqlclient.so.16.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
Back