• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mailserver SPF Record

Larsm

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I using 2 domains on my server. The spf record say

[SPF] domain.tld does not allow your server 85.214.229.xxx to use [email protected]

And

[Sender ID] domain.tld does not allow your server 85.214.229.xxx to use [email protected]

It seems that the Mailserver listen to the old IP Adress 85.214.229.xxx the new one is 81.169.168.Xx.

I checked all domain settings and it's correct. All things working also the lookup is correct.

Here is the complete check:
http://www.mail-tester.com/web-u4y5l

The spf is set to

"v=spf1 a mx ~all"

What can I do?

Last edited:
Hi Larsm,

Did you consider to OPEN the depending "+" buttons, to read additional descriptions and suggestions, as for example:

Das Sender Policy Framework (SPF) ist ein System zur Prüfung von E-Mails. Es erkennt Manipulationen an E-Mail-Adressen, indem die IP-Adresse des Senders überprüft wird.
Es existiert kein SPF-Record. Bitte fügen Sie Ihrem DNS-Zonefile larsmueller.net hinzu:

v=spf1 a mx ip4:85.214.229.172 ~all
The Name Server handling the domain name larsmueller.net is ns3.stratoserver.net.

Benötigen Sie Hilfe? Anleitungen für die meist genutzten Hoster anzeigen.

It seems the mailserver listen to the old IP address. 85.214.229.172. but after adding the new IP i update the settings at plesk and all things working.

Hi Larsm,

pls. don't forget, that your current used PRIMARY nameserver for your domain, is the nameserver from your domain registrar ( Strato ). Consider to place missing entries from your Plesk Control Panel ( DNS - settings for a specific domain ), onto the Control Panel from Strato.

After your changes, pls. keep in mind, that DNS - changes may take UP TO 72 HOURS, untill all worldwide nameservers are synced. ;)

Back