• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Make global backups available for customers

ahoi

Basic Pleskian
Hello dear PLESK-users,

I set up a remote storage using the Plesk admin user. This works fine, but I dont't see the created backups when I enter a customer's account, although the permission for this service plan allows the user to use the backup manager.

My questions are:

• Is it not possible to access global backups as customer?
  • If it is possible: Which permissions have to be set?
Thanks for your help! Stay healthy and have a nice week :)

Do you really think that a client's access to server backup, and therefore to the contents of a backup of other clients, is safe from the point of view of protecting client data?

As far as I recall, this is only an issue with remote (FTP/SFTP) backups.
If you perform a global backup to local storage, customers can then see and restore from that backup. (and of course they only see and have access to their own stuff)

As far as I recall, this is only an issue with remote (FTP/SFTP) backups.
If you perform a global backup to local storage, customers can then see and restore from that backup. (and of course they only see and have access to their own stuff)
Would be awesome if this is also allowed for SFTP backups.
Saves storage on the local machine.

If you are running Linux, I suggest using SSHFS to mount the SFTP exposed stoarge as a local disk and then use this for storing the backups.
Then you have the best of both worlds

If you are running Linux, I suggest using SSHFS to mount the SFTP exposed stoarge as a local disk and then use this for storing the backups.
Then you have the best of both worlds
I have running this for a few weeks now but the customers can't see their backups.
Any other ideas?

Back