• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Make settings for apache and nginx available for Users

Larsm

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Is it possible to make the advanced settings for apache and nginx available for Users? I don't want to login with the administrator account when I must change few settings.

Best regards

Gesendet von meinem G8341 mit Tapatalk

Hello,

Is it possible to make the advanced settings for apache and nginx available for Users? I don't want to login with the administrator account when I must change few settings.

Best regards

This was not done for safety reasons. Are you ready for crashing your system due to incorrect settings from an inexperienced user?

Okay, I understand. I don't want to crash my system. [emoji41] can be closed

Hi Igor,

err sorry, I disagree. On settings which dont work, Plesk doesnt apply them (nginx -t anyone?). And in case of Apache, wrong settings can be applied via .htaccess, which makes the single web server for this domain (only) inaccessible in worst case.

So crashing the web server is not really a reason - imho.

Hi Igor,

err sorry, I disagree. On settings which dont work, Plesk doesnt apply them (nginx -t anyone?). And in case of Apache, wrong settings can be applied via .htaccess, which makes the single web server for this domain (only) inaccessible in worst case.

So crashing the web server is not really a reason - imho.

reaction was on nginx refusing to restart on wrong config....
This does not apply to the situation described by Martin Sauer....

There the configuration was not applied to the actual config by Plesk, so my answer did not apply to that situation.

Still I would not like my clients to get there...

Last edited:
What a load of ........

Just because a restart doesn't apply them, it doesn't mean this is a stable situation.
This is just a last-minute safe thanks to nginx.

Whenever nginx stops it will not start again until that error is resolved..
The crash of the server becomes a delayed crash which makes it even harder to troubleshoot.....

I have my monitoring software execute "nginx -t" every 10 minutes to detect a configuration error...
It already helped me detect a few and I was able to correct it before it actually stopped working.

I will also have the output of "nginx -T" at my disposal each time it changes as these are stored in a tgz each hour (if they are identical to the previous one, they will be discarded).

1. Stable has nothign to do with "not applied to the current configuration".
  2. I dont think you know exactly what you are talking about with the "crash". If you do, you may reconsider nginx restart under Plesk, when a user initated change was not applied aka the change is not applied but isntead the old version is still active? Got it? Good, exactly: no crash.
  3. Since the user configured part is "still" the old version before the change (before nginx -t failed), nothing happens.
The test "-t" is actually how many admins and some panels do it for decades with Apache (http -t anyone?).

Please mind your language esspecially since your answer is plain not correct. Thank you.

Why write this 45 minutes ago when I corrected it an hour ago?
I got the window still open and configured a new highspeed server to answer you afterwards :)

Peace.Great and thank you for correcting it. Please ignore my answer then.

Back