• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Making a subdomains and try it - get a cant be found error

J

jjmusicpro

Making a subdomains and try it - get a cant be found error

This is weird, ok if i have a site called xyz.com and i make a subdomain test.xyz.com and try to go to it before i upload any files, i get a "page cannot be found error", so i try to upload files to it, i can see it in Filezilla etc as a subdomain, but when i try it, i cant see the webpage.

so i delete the subdomain, and try again, this time uploading files right to it, but no go.

ok, let's see if your domain and subdomain is resolvable

then what do you see in file manager or ftp?

you can place here some info about domain and subdomain

when i make a subdomain, its instant, i can ftp to it etc.

however, somtimes when i make a sumdomain, and go to it BEFORE i make a subdomain in plesk, it will not work.

So for example, if i try to go to testplace.someplace.com BEFORE I MAKE IT IN PLESK, it wont work (i know it wont work like its supost to), then if i make that domain testplace.someplace.com, then add files to it through FTP(i can see subdomain folder etc.) it wont let go to the site, still PAGE CAN NOT BE FOUND ERROR, yes ive tried to refresh page, and redo browser.

well, briefly i catch your problem.

what about dns records for doamin and subdomain? do Plesk create them?

is domain name and subdomain are resolvable?

Make sure that Plesk is creating your DNS records for the domain name, and make sure that Plesk is the one running DNS for your domain to begin with.

Many configurations have external DNS controllers, so creating a subdomain in Plesk means you need to go and actually add that DNS information to your external DNS controller.

Back