• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Manage increase the root and home space

Ridha

New Pleskian
Hello
I need some clarification, please

I'm new user coming from CPanel WHM

I have Plesk web admin edition
I have a dedicated server with 2 Hard drive each is 4TB
Plesk is installed in one drive
I see the hard drive is partitioned like this
home cl -wi-ao---- 3.57t
root cl -wi-ao---- 50.00g ====> plesk installed here in the root
swap cl -wi-ao---- 15.75g

I hosted 4 websites everything works fine, the problem is one of the websites needs 2T space but after uploading the data to the website root folder /httpdocs, get full and the whole server got that error no space available, I searched Plesk they explained that we need to give more space like extra hard drive or increasing the root size because 50.00GB not enough,
questions:
1-can we install Plesk in: home cl -wi ? or move it there,
2-is it recommended installing Plesk by default in: root cl -wi-ao ?
3-how to increase the root partition taking size from home partition for example root will be 3.6TB and home will be 100GB
4-is it okay to give home partition only 100GB and give the majority of space to root part so we can host more websites
5- I have a Plesk web admin edition I was surprised it's so limited and almost useless for managing couple website, I found out to get the option to manage the size of each domain I have to buy a new license(my host charges 20 pound that's expensive) Plesk web pro to be able to manage the space for each domain.
6- my last question if I got a Plesk web Pro and used that to increase the disk space of the website that needs 2TB, is the problem of not having enough space will be fixed automatically, or it will not get fixed because root partition has only 50GB and it can't manage more than that? and I should first increase the root partition to 3.6TB then ill be able to increase the website disk space to 2TB.

----------------------
if my sentences are not clear please excuse me let me know ill try to rephrase my questions

Please have a search in the forum before posting.

Plesk stores all domains inside single folder vhosts.
It means you cannot use two volumes to store domains and unfortunately you need to extend partition.

Feature lacking against competition

I see that your control panel software is lacking against say Cpanel/WHM

WHM automatically uses /home /home2 ... etc drives when mounted

Solution:

You would have to use the HDDs/SSDs/Discs as a RAID. In a RAID they are one partition, then you can install Plesk on it.
I never did so, but Plesk unfortunately does not use multiple partitions at once. Even if they are mounted.

Other solution (never tested!!!)

You could mount your 4TB Disc to /var/www/vhost/big-domain.tld/ so this domain runs on the other disc. I dont know if this works, but dont know why it should not work.

Hint: use "mergerfs" for mounting and "mdadm" for RAID.

Last edited:
Back