• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Manage subscription / Manage in customer panel

Xav2c

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have been using plesk since 10.0, i just switched to 12.5, and in my humble opinion, a detail needs a fix in the new interface,

In the "hosting service" section in the left pane, i am used to click anywhere : customer, domains, subscription, and from there, i can locate my customer, and click on the right at "manage subscription"
But in the new version, i can only manage subscriptions in the "subscriptions" section. If i go in domain, i can "Manage in Customer Panel" which gives me fewer options, and i cannot come back to admin unless i enter my google auth code again (yes i am using google authenticator).

Sometimes i am searching for a customer, and i do not remember his name, only his domain name, sometimes it's the opposite... So if the option is only available in the subscription page, i will scratch my head more than once to find the correct plan i want to edit.

Please put back the link to "manage subscriptions" from any page: domain, customer... i am sure i am not the only one to use it this way.

I think the "manage in customer panel" is useless, no one will actually need this except maybe once for resellers to check if everything is in order.

Thank you

Guys,

Interesting usecase. Does anybody have the same behaviour with new Plesk interface? Please share your opinion.

Hi @Trollface!

If you start with domain there are most of operations on domain overview page (when you click domain name in the list of domains). Also there is link to subscription in the right sidebar in section "Subscription info".

If you start from a customer there are tabs with links to his domains and subscriptions as a start point to manage domain or the whole subscription. And again link to subscription from a domain overview page.

The difference of using the scenarios above and "Manage in Customer Panel": in the scenarios above you have all permissions as you are server administrator and can make any changes (but some of them can lock synchronization between service plan and subscription). If you use "Manage in Customer Panel" you get honest impersonalization where you see only operations allowed to your customer.

Hello!
Ok yes, i can see those links, but i think from now on i will just stick to the "subscriptions" page, and ignore the other two because as i said i really don't see the use for them now that i cannot find the "manage subcriptions" links on the associated domain/customer.
I will not use the "manage in customer panel" because i don't see the point in restricting my abilities (except maybe once in a while for checking if restrictions/access are correctly set), plus i need to auth again on google authenticator if i go back to the panel as administrator.
And the "domain" view is the same as "manage the subscription" view but without the usefull tabs, maybe some people will find some use for it, i don't think i will.
But of course it's just my point of view and i'm certainly not a good representation of the majority of plesk users/admins out there.
And understand please that i am not complaining, i'm just giving my opinion, and will get used to it anyway.

Thank you for sharing some of your time on this question, cheers!

Thank you for your feedback and for reporting an issue with Google Authentificator. I reported the bug, hope it'll be fixed soon.

Back