• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Management Studio is missing when installing mssql shipped with plesk

GiorgosI

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

We have installed Plesk 10.3.1 in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
We chose to install MSSQL 2008 R2 Express Edition shipped with plesk.
Then we installed windows updates, including SP1 of MSSQL.

We realized that Management Studio was not installed.
I tried to add it from Control Panel -> Progams and Features -> MSSQL -> change, but it asks for the installation media.
So I downloaded 'SQL Express R2 SP1 with Tools' from microsoft's site:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26729
(the file is: SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe 329.0 MB)
and ran it in order to add Management Studio.

The problem is that it doesn't give me the option to install Management Studio. It shows only the installed components.
I don't know if that is the case but I noticed that at 'Control Panel -> Progams and Features' says about the installed version of MSSQL:
Product Version: 10.51.2500.0.
When I go to properties of the SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe file I downloaded it says
Product Version: 10.50.2500.0 (which is microsoft's latest update as you may see from the link above)

How can I install management studio in case I have installed MSSQL 2008 R2 shipped with plesk?

Thanks in advance

Finally I managed to install Management Studio.

I downloaded 'Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 - Express Edition with Tools' from url:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26729

I ran the installation script and selected:
-> New installation or add features to an existing installation
-> New Installation or add shared features
In the next step i didn't select the 'Instance Features' checkboxes (which were 'Database Engine Services' and 'SQL Server Replication') because probably it would install a new instance of MSSQL. I just selected the checkbox 'Management Tools - Basic'. I completed the installation steps and it installed Management Studio.

Back