• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue many 403 error for the server ip itself

Gasim Omer

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

here is my problem :
start real-time monitoring (most of errors ) related to my server ip itself with code (403 ) for one of my sites Logo image (wordpress )

my server ip ( 37.XX.XX.XX )

2018-06-27 11:40:51 Error 37.XX.XX.XX 403 GET /wp-content/uploads/2017/11/logo1.png HTTP/1.0 1.43 K Apache SSL/TLS access

when trying to access the file from browser its exist and work very fine.

i've ( firewall - ip2ban - Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) ) and one that site ( itheme-security + wordfence ).

403 headers can be returned from scripts and with your server IP appearing in the log as it does in your snippet, it sounds like a a script running on the server that is causing that entry to be written . You would likely see a bunch of other requests for this at the same time, all with 403 response codes and your server IP.

Can you check your log and see if that's the case?

yes there is other 403 code with ( some) wordpress posts also . only on one site as seen here.

other sites doen't have alot of visits so no error at all .

as google reported today on my console ( Googlebot found an increase in authorisation permission errors on https://www.samesite.com/)

Back